1. On freshly washed hair, separate hair in 4 sections.
2. Working on each section, take a small to medium amount of hair, two strand twist the root (so it doesn't unravel). Next, gently twirl the hair around your finger in a clockwise fashion.
A helpful video on finger coiling: Finger Coil Video
2. Start braiding downward from the top.
3. When you are 3/4 done, add in your middle section and repeat until you reach the bottom section. Attach braid with a hair tie.
Note: This style was done on stretched hair.
I couldn't find a video on single French braid on natural hair. Here is a helpful video by Naptural85, she does it on shrunken hair. I suggest trying it on stretched hair and separating your hair in a mohawk fashion: French Braid How To
1. Separate the hair into two sections: 1 large bottom section and 1small top portion of your hair, this is the section you will braid.
2. (optional) To add a little dimension, rub a little water on two small front sections, two strand twist them and roller set/flexirod them. This will add volume to the side.
3. French braid the top section, leaving about 1/4 loose.
4. Pin the braid to hold it in place, release the bottom section, fluff till your liking.
5. (optional) Add a cute head band.