Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Aaaaaw

KWARD!

I knew this day would come. I thought I was prepared for it. Being a follower of Curly Nikki's blog, I'd encountered this topic, read about the solutions and thought "I can handle this, no problem" (dusts shoulders). 

Boy was I wrong... It all started on Sunday, I put my hair in flat twists to avoid washing it until Wednesday. I've been really busy trying to meet deadlines, so did this to shorten my morning routine. Well, yesterday I took out the twists and I had an instant twist out. Unfortunately, I didn't like the way the twist out looked so just jumped in the shower to co-wash. After, as I stood in front of the mirror styling my hair, I realized two things: 1) my hair has grown a lot and 2)it's definitely reached the awkward phase. IMO it looks like a square mullet-- no bueno! To lessen the severity of the  afro-mullet I slicked back the front and slapped on a head band. It came out cute, but am not sure how long this solution will last.

Seeing that I don't plan on cutting and am focusing on growth,  I need to find a way to live in awkward harmony with my hair until it grows out of this phase. I should find more styles that hide awkward lengths. I'm not a very adventurous person in the styling department and never have been. Heck, I thought I was avante-garde when I rocked a braidout. I'm a plain jane when it comes to my hair, but I guess I'm going to have to start walking on the "wild" side soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment